Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween Street - Day 15 of 31 Days of Halloween

31 Days of Halloween continues with Halloween Street #15: The Scarecrow!


Short Blurb:
After a night of mischief, a bully gets taught a lesson by a sinister scarecrow.


Buy or Borrow (via Kindle Unlimited) Here: Amazon.com

~~~
Fun Fact!  
Scarecrows have been an intrigue of mine since I was a kid. I always loved them, probably starting with the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz book and movie. He was always my favorite character. When I was about eight or nine, something changed. Scarecrows became a source of fear, after I read the short story "Harold" from Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark 3 by Alvin Schwartz. The story revolved around a scarecrow who was mistreated by the two farmers who made him and ultimately seeks revenge. This story has stuck with me my whole life, I think about it a lot, and it gave me a lifelong love/hate relationship with scarecrows. On one hand, I love them, I think they're charming. On the other hand, there is something creepy about a stuffed man hanging from a post. My story "The Scarecrow" basically represents my torn feelings about them, and is also a bit of an homage to "Harold". Is the scarecrow in my story evil? That's up to you, the reader, to decide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment