Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Street - Day 28 of 31 Days of Halloween (Finally!)

31 Days of Halloween continues with Halloween Street #28: Lost!


Short Blurb:
Thirteen years after the disappearance of her sister, a young woman returns to Halloween Street to finally discover the truth of what happened to her.

Buy or Borrow (via Kindle Unlimited) Here: Amazon.com

~~~

Fun Fact!
The inspiration for this story came from a somewhat unsettling, but ultimately innocent enough moment from my youth. My sister and I and a friend of ours were trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. At one of the houses we went to, a man answered the door and told us to come inside while he turned around to get his bowl of candy. The three of us froze and looked at each other silently, unsure of what to do. Obviously, we knew to never go into someone's house while trick-or-treating, but my sister was brave enough to take a few steps forward towards the front door. The Halloween door mat screamed when she stepped on it, scaring us all. The man returned, looking pretty pleased with himself that his "prank" was a success. He gave us our candy and left, but as we walked away, we were all still pretty freaked out. Even years later, I wondered what might've happened if my sister made it inside the house, which is what led me to write "Lost".

No comments:

Post a Comment